Volunteering for SPARK
If you love animals and want to contribute to saving them from a miserable shelter existence and looming death, you may want to consider volunteering. We always have volunteer positions open, regardless of whether you are looking to just help out on a weekend or do something on a longer term basis. Please fill out the volunteer form at the bottom of the page.
Foster Families Needed: We are desperately seeking foster homes to temporarily house our rescues. We do give community service hours for High School Students of families that foster a dog in their home. For more information please visit our Foster page.
Foster Coordinator:We are looking for a volunteer to take the Foster Coordinator position as soon as possible
The Foster Coordinator duties are:
* Review all foster applications, vet the information on the application, ask for and review photos/videos of backyard fencing, check with references. Approve or deny the applicant.
* Work with the rescue coordinator getting information on new dogs coming to the rescue needing fosters.
* Updating Spark Super Foster Facebook page with rescues who need foster homes as well as posting information useful for the fosters to know. Also posting to the main Facebook page for Spark Rescue.
* Sending out an email to all the fosters with information on dogs in need of a foster home.
* Supporting the fosters by answering their questions either by email, txt or phone.
* Keeping records up to date if needed.
* Attending occasional in person meetings.
* Stepping in to help other areas on occasion when needed.
This position as all positions in the rescue can be very busy or moderately busy depending on how many foster applications come in and how many dogs and cats are in need of a foster home.
You set your own pace, work from your lap top and communicate with others primarily via txt. Please let us know if you are interested in volunteering for this position or if you know of someone who would like to join our team.
Fundraising Helpers- Works closely in our community to solicit local businesses to donate to the fundraising event. The fundraising helper communicates with the key volunteers and foster families providing marketing materials to help spread the word on upcoming fundraising events. Fundraising helpers help setup, participates in and breakdown fundraising events. Fundraising Helpers assist the Fundraising Coordinator to ship or delivers prizes following the event.
We always need help with getting our pets to adoption events, vet visits, and other activities around Southern California. All you need is a reliable vehicle with room for a crate, current car insurance and a valid driver’s license. You also need to have an understanding of responsible and secure animal transport.
We are so happy you’re interested in getting involved with our work here at Spark Rescue Santa Barbara! There are so many ways for you to help, and we truly appreciate each and every effort. By lending your support, you’ll become a valuable part of our team and help to strengthen our operations. If you are unable to volunteer your time please consider making a monthly donation